Designed to support systematic registration activities where tenure information is collected for the first time. Systematic Registration produces public display listings and maps, generates title certificates and can transfer data to district or national land offices enabling centralized control and maintenance of tenure records.
There are two ways to see Systematic Registration in action:
Install the Web Start Application (install instructions below), to try out the functions of the Systematic Registration Desktop. The Systematic Registration Desktop is deployed using Java Web Start technology. Users must have internet access and a local installation of the Java 7 or Java 8 SE Runtime Environment (JRE).
Download and build the source code from the Github SOLA-SR-FAO repositories. To use this source code you will need to sign up for a Github account and install Git. The Github help provides informative tutorials on how to achieve these tasks. Note that Systematic Registration uses 10 Git repositories. For details on how to manage these repositories, see the README.txt in the code repository. These repositories are under constant development by the SOLA Team. To obtain the source code for the 1503a Release, checkout the release-1503a tag.
Installing Systematic Registration Web Start Applications
The instructions below will guide you through the installation of the Systematic Registration Web Start application. The total size of the download for the Systematic Registration Desktop is approximately 80Mb. If you encounter issues with the installation, refer to the Installation Troubleshooting section of the Systematic Registration User Guide.
- The Java 7 or Java 8 SE Runtime Environment (JRE) is required for the Systematic Registration Web Start Application. If you don't have Java 7 or Java 8 installed, or would like to upgrade your JRE, you can download the latest Java installation packages from here.
- Download the latest Java Platform, Standard Edition JRE. It should be approximately 30Mb.
- You will need to accept the Oracle Binary Code License Agreement for Java SE before downloading the JRE.
- Download the product appropriate for your operating system. If you have a Windows 64bit OS, it is recommended you install the Windows x86 Offline option (i.e. 32bit) JRE. The 32bit JRE has better integration with web browsers on both 32bit and 64bit Windows OS.
- You will require local administration privileges to install the JRE.
- Avoid installing or running SOLA using Java 7 u25, u40 or u45 . All three of these updates have varying compatibility issues with Java web start applications.
Installing Systematic Registration Desktop
- Download the Systematic Registration Desktop Web Start JNLP file to your local file system. Shortly after the JNLP file download completes, you should see a Java splash displayed followed by the Starting application... dialog. If not, locate the JNLP file on your local hard drive using Windows Explorer to equivalent and double click it.
- The application will download and then verify the installation package. The download and verification may take several minutes. Please wait until this action has completed. If an error occurs during the verification, try to download the web start application one more time as some files can fail to download on the first attempt.
- If you are prompted with the Do you want to run this application? dialog, tick Do not show this again... and choose Run.
- Systematic Registration Desktop will start automatically. To login use the following credentials;
Note that both the user and password are case sensitive.
- The installation will install a shortcut to the Systematic Registration Desktop on your computer desktop as well as in your Start Menu. These shortcuts may require further configuration. Refer to the Systematic Registration User Guide for details.
- The license for this release is available here.
- The demonstration database used for the Systematic Registration Desktop is reverted daily at 0100 GMT. Any data changes you make will be lost.
- All users of the Systematic Registration Web Start Application will be able to see any data changes you make until the database is reverted.
- To uninstall the Systematic Registration Desktop, refer to the Uninstall section in the Systematic Registration User Guide.